With a multi-national culture, the cuisines in Singapore are blended by many flavors which are from different regions. You might recognize the familiar flavors from snacks sold on the streets of China, Malaysia, India … Here are a few suggestions about the addresses of special eateries in this Lion City for your pocket before starting your journey.
Chilli crab is ranked as the 35th out of the 50 world’s most delicious dishes voted by the CNN Go in 2011. This famous Singapore Chili Crab has been named a “national dish” of Singapore, your trip to Singapore would be boring without trying this special seafood dish. It is served with Chinese-style spicy sauce pastries with tasty dumplings.
Top 5 the best chili crab restaurants :
– Long Beach MAIN Seafood (No 1018 East Coast Parkway, next to Burger King ECP). Opening times: From 11.00 to 15.00, 17.00 to 0.15. There are also 5 branch restaurants. 50 SGD / 1 serve.
– No signboard Seafood Restaurant @ Geylang (Geylang Singapore 414 389 392). Opening times : From 12.00 noon to 1.00 am. In addition, the restaurant also has 4 branches. Price: 40-50 SGD .
– Red House Seafood @ East Coast (Blk 1204, # 01-05 East Coast Seafood Centre, Singapore 449882). Weekday opening time : From 11:30 to 23.30,on the weekends: from 10.00 to 23.30. Price 40 SGD.
Chicken rice is originated from China and quite popular in Singapore. This dish is introduced in the menu of the Singapore Airlines as a dish to bring the country’s identity. Chicken rice is sold all over the country, from a peddling kiosk, a popular restaurant, a food court to the luxurious restaurants.
Places where you can have the best chicken rice dishes :
– TianTianHainanese Chicken Rice (No. 1 Kadayanallur Street, # 01-10 Maxwell Food Centre). Opening from Tuesday to Sunday, from 11am to 8pm.
– Wee Nam KeeHainanese Chicken Rice Restaurant (275 Thomson Road # 01-05 Novena Ville, Singapore 307 645). Opening daily from 10.00 to 0.30 .
– Boon Tong Kee @ River Valley (number 425 River Valley Road Singapore 248324). Open daily from 11 am until 4 am the next day.
– Loy Kee Best Chicken Rice @ Balestier Road (No. 342 Balestier Road). The restaurant opens everyday from 7.30 to 21.30.
– Chatterbox (Meritus Mandarin Hotel, 333 Orchard Road). Opening from Monday to Tuesday ,10.00 to 1.00 of the next day, On Friday and Saturday : from 10.00 to 2.00 am of the next day.
Kaya toast is a popular breakfast dish in Singapore and is usually served with a cup of tea tarik (sweet- milk tea) or a warm cup of MILO milk. Kaya made from eggs, sugar, coconut milk and coconut jam and this dish is served in every restaurants.
The best restaurants for Kaya Toast
– Ya Kun Kaya Toast @ Far East Square (# 01-01 Far East Square, 18 China Street). Opening from Monday to Friday 6 , from 7.30 to 19.00, weekend: from 8.00 to 18.00
– KillineyKopitiam @ Killiney Road (No. 67 Killiney Road Singapore 239525). Opening times: Mon-Wed-Fri , from 6.00 to 23.00 ,Tue: from 6.00 to 23.00, Sunday: from 6.00 to 18.00
– Good Morning Nanyang Cafe (Hong Lim Green Community Centre, 20 Upper Pickering Street Singapore 058 284). Opening times : From Mon to Fri,at 7:30 to 19:30 am, weekends from 8:30 to 17:30.
– Chin Mee Chin Confectionery (204 East Coast Road Singapore). Opening from Tue to Fri, 8.30 to 16.00
– Tong Ah Coffee Shop (KeongSaik Road No. 35, Singapore 089143). Daily opening from 11.00 to 14.30 and from 17.30 to 22.30.
Frog meat porridge
When the weather gets cold and rainy is the most appropriate time to eat frog meat porridge, the simple and unforgettable dish in Singapore. The restaurant serving frog meat porridge is open until midnight, which occurs throughout the whole country. Singapore Frog meat Porridge is divided into two distinct parts with the white part and the frog meat part soaked with salty, spicy spices.
Addresses for frog meat porridge dish :
– Eminent Frog porridge @ Geylang (No 323 Geylang Road Lorong 19, Geylang Conservation Area, S389359). Daily opening from 17.00 to around 3.30 in the next morning.
– Lion City Frog porridge (235 Geylang Road, Lorong 9). Opening from 17.30 until around 3:30 in the next morning.
– TiongShian porridge Center (No. 265 New Bridge Road, Ann Kway Building). Daily opening from 8am until 4am the next day.
-G7 Sin Ma Live Seafood Restaurant (161/163 Geylang Road Lorong 3, # 01-01 / 02 Geylang Conversation Area). Daily open from 17.00 to 4.00 in the following day.
– TianTian porridge (Blk 335 Smith Street, Chinatown Complex # 02-185 Market S050335). Opening from Tue to Sun, 6.00 to 14.00