With multi-national culture, cuisine in Singapore is a mix of many flavors from different country. You can easy to recognize familiar flavors from nosh sold on the China stress, Malaysia stress or India stress … Here are a few suggestions for you before starting your journey.
Chilli crab was ranked 35 out of 50 world best dish which was voted by CNN Go in 2011. It is the dish was named the national spirit. Your trip will have big shortcomings if not enjoy this special seafood dish. Chinese style sauce with spicy and sweet, shrimp served with vegetarian dumplings has attracted many tourists.
Top 3 restaurants:
– Long Beach MAIN Seafood Restaurant (the 1018 East Coast Parkway, near to Burger King ECP). Open daily from 11h to 15h, 17h to 0h15. Price: SGD $ 50.
– Red House Seafood ( 01-05 East Coast Seafood Centre, Singapore 449882). Open: from Monday to Friday: 11:30 – 23h30, weekends: 10h – 23h30. Price: SGD $ 40.
– Mellben Seafood (# 01-1222, 232 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3). Open daily from 16h30 to 23h30.
Price: SGD $ 35
Pilaff is a dish originating from China and quite popular in Singapore. This food is introduced in the menu of the national airline of Singapore Airlines as a dish which brings the country’s identity. Pilaff is sold all over the country from a peddler, affordable restaurants, a food court to the luxury restaurant.
The most delicious pilaff resturants:
– Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice (No. 1 Kadayanallur Street, # 01-10 Maxwell Food Centre). Open from Tuesday to Sunday, from 11am to 8pm.
– Wee Nam Kee Hainanese Chicken Rice Restaurant (275 Thomson Road # 01-05 Novena Ville,). Open daily from 10 am to 12.30pm.
Kaya Toast is a popular breakfast dish of the Singaporean and is usually served with cup of tea tarik (sweet milk tea) or a warm cup of milo. Kaya made from eggs, sugar, coconut milk and coconut jam and it seems to have no bars here do not serve kaya.
Some famous kaya toast address:
– Ya Kun Kaya Toast @ Far East Square (# 01-01 Far East Square, 18 China Street). Open from Monday to Friday: 7h30am – 7pm, weekends: 8am- 6pm.
– Killiney Kopitiam @ Killiney Road (No. 67 Killiney Road Singapore 239525). Open: Monday-Wednesday-Saturday: 6am to 10:30pm, Tuesday: 6am to 9pm, Sunday: 6am-6pm.
– Nanyang Cafe Good Morning (Hong Lim Green Community Centre, 20 Upper Pickering Street Singapore 058 284). Open: from Monday to Friday: 7:30 – 19:30, weekends from 8:30 to 17:30.